We currently have an opening for a registered technician and veterinary assistant.
We Are Growing Our Team
A registered technician, with a positive, team player attitude, someone who wants to learn and grow with the company. Our Technicians hold an integral role in our company. The objective of this role is to keep our treatment area organized, running smoothly and efficiently, all while maintaining great patient care and client service.
The job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals
- Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
- Take/produce radiographs, collect samples, and perform other laboratory tests to assist in the diagnosis of animal health problems
- Take blood and place IV catheters.
- Assist the veterinarian with animals before, during, and following surgery
- Prepare surgical equipment, give and monitor anesthetics, and clean up after surgery
- Prepare and give medications under the direction of the veterinarian
- Maintain drug and anesthetic logs and other necessary paperwork
- Give treatments as prescribed by a veterinarian
- Provide wound and bandage care
- Prepare and speak to clients about discharges and home care, animal health care including, oral health, nutrition, diabetes, and parasite control
- Do routine animal dental procedures, and assist veterinarians with animal dentistry
Both experienced technicians and technicians just out of school are welcome to apply for this full-time position! If you are looking for part-time we’d love to hear from you as well.